Deadline - November 12, 2018
WARNING: This form is programmed to reject all submission attempts after 11:59 ET, Monday, November 12, 2018
Rules and Guidelines
- All primary authors must be an ACP Resident/Fellow Member or ACP Medical Student Member in good standing and be enrolled in a New Jersey residency program or medical school to submit an abstract
- Abstract must be submitted through the portal
- The abstract should not exceed 450 words. If you go over the limit, your abstract will remain in draft status and will not be submitted to the competition. Note: the word limit does not include the title and authors. References are not required however, please note that if included, references are counted toward the 450 word count. Additionally, do not put the abstract title or authors into the text box. Please enter that information in the appropriate fields.
- References are not required for submission
- Primary authors are limited to two submissions. The primary or secondary author of any chosen abstract must be prepared to present that abstract as a poster at the ACPNJ Scientific Meeting on March 21, 2019 at the Marriott Princeton Forrestal, Princeton, NJ
- Original abstracts that either have or have not been presented at other meetings will be considered. Abstracts previously submitted to either the ACPNJ Scientific Meeting or the National Meeting are not eligible and are subject to disqualification. Presentation of original work at an ACP meeting may, however, jeopardize presentation before another society. Abstracts are eligible if the abstract has been published; however, abstracts based upon full papers that have been published are not eligible.
- Abstract titles should be submitted with initial capitals and lower case text (This is How a Title Should Appear)
- All submissions will be reviewed and considered for poster abstracts to be presented at the ACPNJ Scientific Meeting on Friday, March 21, 2019. The highest scoring abstracts will be invited to present an oral abstract at the Scientific Meeting
- If your abstract is accepted for poster or oral presentation, you will be notified in late January 2019.
- The highest scoring poster abstracts for each category will be recognized at the 2019 Scientific Meeting on March 21, 2019.
Abstract may be submitted under one of the following categories:
Clinical Vignette - a report of one or more cases that illustrates a new disease entity, or a prominent or unusual clinical feature of an established disease. It may include a summary of pertinent patient history, physical findings, laboratory data, or management description.
Clinical Research - Patient-oriented research conducted with human subjects (or on material of human origin) for which an investigator (or colleague) directly interacts with human subjects. This area of research includes: mechanisms of human disease; therapeutic interventions; clinical trials; development of new technologies; analysis of existing datasets; epidemiologic and behavioral studies; outcomes research and health services research.
Quality Improvement-Patient Safety - Submissions can report on efforts to improve patient safety or outcomes measurement. Such efforts may be projects developed and initiated to promote patient safety and/or processes that have improved or created a safer environment for patients. Abstracts may also be submitted that relate to the use of outcome data, how to measure and convert data into information.
* Required field