Deadline - Friday, August 5, 2022
WARNING: This form is programmed to reject all submission attempts after 11:59PM ET, Friday, August 5, 2022
* Required field
Abstract Submission Guidelines for Residents
- Abstract submission is open for both Residents and Medical Students for the MI ACP Annual Fall Meeting, which will held, Thursday, October 13 through Sunday, October 16, 2022, at Shanty Creek Resort in Bellaire, Michigan.
- Abstract submission will close on Friday, AUGUST 5, 2022, at 11:59 PM. DO NOT PLAN FOR ANY EXTENSIONS.
- You must be an ACP resident/Fellow member in an approved IM or Med/Peds Residency Program to submit. There is no category available for positions between medical school and waiting to be accepted to a residency program.
- You must be an ACP member to submit an abstract. Residents must be a member and DUES must be current to access the Abstract Submission Page. If you need to join ACP make sure to do so a few days before you try to access the Abstract Membership Links. It will take a few days for ACP to have you in the membership database.
- When you submit an abstract you will receive an email confirmation from ACP. If you do not receive an e-mail you have failed to submit it properly. NEW - In your email confirmation you will be informed if you want to correct a submission a link to do so is provided in the confirmation email.
- You may submit as many as 6 abstracts. However, only 1 abstract per resident has the possibility of being accepted.
- When you submit an abstract understand that it qualifies for ORAL OR POSTER. You cannot choose one or the other.
- DO NOT submit an abstract unless you are sure that you will be able to attend the Fall Chapter Meeting, October 14-16, 2022. Times for Residents and Medical Students to be decided.
- YOU CANNOT withdraw an accepted abstract (if accepted) without the permission of your program/clerkship director and the Governor. In an emergency a co-author may present but must be a peer.
- Residents cannot present a medical student abstract. Medical students cannot present a resident abstract. If you worked on an abstract with a resident or medical student, make sure there is no duplicate submission.
- There is only ONE presenter of an abstract oral or poster and that is the first author. This is not a group effort.
Requirements for Abstracts submitted:
- Word Limit – 350 words. This does not include title of abstract or author information.
- You cannot be a lone author on an abstract. You must have an attending co-author on your abstract. IF you do not list any co-authors your abstract will be eliminated. The attending must review and approve your abstract before submission.