Deadline Pre-Registrant List: March 20, 2019
Terms and Conditions
- Internal Medicine Meeting lists are for one-time use only. Renters will be billed for any subsequent unauthorized use.
- Only Internal Medicine Meeting 2019 exhibitors who have paid in full for their exhibit booth qualify for list rentals.
- A PDF sample of your mailing materials must be submitted and approved by ACP before receiving a copy of the registrant list. Do not print your mailing piece before receiving approval by ACP.
- Only mailing addresses are available for rental. Telephone numbers and e-mail addresses are not available for rental.
- The ACP Registrant List is available for direct mail purposes only; it cannot be used for telemarketing or e-mail marketing purposes.
- Pharmaceutical companies are reminded of the FDA regulation governing drug information in promotional mailings. Any presentation of product names that is accompanied by information about indications or use will be viewed as a product advertisement and must comply with the full disclosure requirements.
- The CME Provider or Organizer of the program must control the content of all invitational or promotional material.
- Any and all invitations or solicitations to attend Industry-Supported Symposia or Innovation Theater must receive prior written approval from ACP.
- All invitations/promotional mailers for programs offering Category 1 credit must meet ACCME standards.
- Industry-Supported invitations and announcements addressed to members must clearly indicate the name(s) of the supporter(s) and may in no manner mention, directly or indirectly, that the program is part of the official activity of the ACP.
- All Industry-Supported Symposia and Innovation Theater invitations/mailers must show the following disclaimer statement on the cover/front page: “This event is not a part of the official Internal Medicine Meeting 2019 Education Program.”
- All Innovation Theater and non-CME Industry-Supported Symposia must include the following statement: “This program does not offer CME credit.”
- Innovation Theater and Industry-Supported Symposia are considered unofficial programs (not supported by ACP). Therefore, there can be no implication in any promotional materials or mailers, or during these events, that the programs are connected with Internal Medicine Meeting 2019, are presented in cooperation with ACP, or are endorsed by ACP. In describing these events, you may not use such phrases as “presented during,” “presented in conjunction with,” or “prior to” Internal Medicine Meeting 2019. The use of Internal Medicine Meeting 2019 or the ACP name, logo, or seal is strictly prohibited. *Exhibit booth companies only: May refer to “Internal Medicine Meeting 2019” when stating booth numbers.
- Copying of the list or entering the list into one’s own computer is a violation of the rental agreement and the ACP copyright. The list many not be replicated in any way or used to make another list.
- Implications or statements of endorsement by ACP or it’s members is strictly prohibited.
Rights Reserved by ACP
- To reject any list request.
- To seek expert opinions in determining the eligibility of products and suitability of claims. ACP expects the medical department of a company to approve both product and communication copy before submission.
- To require submission of scientific documentation supporting the medical use of any product represented by a submitted communication piece.
- To make the final decision regarding the acceptability of all products, copy, and services to be sent.
List Use Policies
- The list may be used only for communications germane to the practice of medicine, its scientific or socioeconomic aspects, or items of interest to the physician or medical student as a consumer.
- The list may be used for market research, but only after prior review and written approval by ACP of the study proposal, questionnaire, and all mailing materials. See Market Research Guidelines.
- Medical education program and/or CME event, or enduring materials resulting from a CME-accredited activity, with the exception of those that are directly competitive with ACP programs as determined by ACP.
The ACP Registrant List may NOT be used for:
- Communications that could mislead, misinform, or deceive.
- Dissemination of distasteful material, such as but not limited to ads that convey ethnic, religious, gender, or age bias or prejudice.
- Promotion of the use and sale of tobacco products, beer, wine, or other spirits.
- Promoting drug products or medical equipment and devices involving a premium offer that increases cost to the patient (all premium offers must be approved in advance).
- Communication regarding investment or income opportunities.
- Use in connection with publicity or advertising that might imply, through copy or layout, ACP endorsement of an organization, its products, or services.
- Promoting a product or service that, in the view of ACP, may compete with ACP products or services.
- Any use that implies, in any promotional materials or mailers, or during these events, that the programs are connected with Internal Medicine Meeting 2019, are presented in cooperation with ACP, or are endorsed by ACP. In describing these events, you may not use such phrases as “presented during,” “presented in conjunction with,” or “prior to” Internal Medicine Meeting 2019. The use of Internal Medicine Meeting 2019 or the ACP name, logo, or seal is strictly prohibited.
- Distribution or promotion of gifts/raffles or premiums that have not received prior approval from ACP. See Giveaways/Premiums Policy.
Failure to adhere to the aforementioned Registrant List Use Policies will result in a penalty, including the loss of all priority points and/or the loss of eligibility for participation at future ACP Internal Medicine Meetings.